We have recently conducted an SEO audit on the online French courses page AF. Within an online marketing strategy , SEO analysis and web usability are essential. This company had its own page , but with a series of visits that customers were just reporting. And as we always say in Tic Revolution, a website is more than a shop window. It is a showcase that has to attract customers. If not, we will have a useless website. The first clue was given to us by the data mentioned in the third line: it had visits but a limited number of customers. This gave us three possible circumstances to improve:
- SEO: The words you were trying to position yourself were probably not the right ones.
- Content: the content generated was not of interest.
- SEO + content + usability: the content did not call for action (write to the form requesting a quote, for example). In addition, the ease of contacting the company could be scarce once the visitor has been captured.
To improve the conversion rate of the page we performed an audit that included the following aspects:
- Keyword study. Analysis of what are the words with which users seek quality and paid services to learn French. It is important to highlight that free online French courses is one of the most searched terms and, although it may be interesting to capture users who type this type of words on their computer, will we really be able to convince them if they have a very similar idea of free?
- Use of all keywords, in their fair measure, labeling and density, within the website in general, and in the blog posts in particular.
- Use of the keywords in the title tags in the appropriate mode for good SEO. And in the descriptions to increase the clicks vs. Impressions in search engine results.
- Review urls of each page, links and anchor text. It is important to study the structures of the urls to see if we are facilitating the indexing in Google for the words that can generate the opposite. In the same way, we analyzed the SEO on page, to evaluate if a natural flow of traffic was being favored by the contents of the web, and with the appropriate words.
- Configuration review and update sitemaps, htaccess and robots.txt. Three files with which, in the same way, we must facilitate to be traced.
- Review incoming links, broken links (301 redirects, etc.)
- Measurement and improvement of clicks on events that are scheduled. through tools like Google Analytics. In this case, the lead is clear: ask for information or directly hire the training package. Where do users who request a quote come from?
Throughout this audit a series of errors were detected that, in reality, do not have to be from an aesthetic and design aspect. But the feed-back of an SEO consultant always brings a series of improvements that, due to ignorance, we do not even consider.
An example of this is that francesonlineaf.es is a page of great quality and with extensive information to learn French. Paradoxically, this was one of the problems (at SEO level) because it had several texts in French, but few in Spanish, which did not favor the recruitment of potential clients, but of users in search of exercises, etc. (users who were already learning French).
For some time now, we have been working on this and other improvements that this SEO audit has brought us, and we have already noticed the first results, significantly increasing the conversion rates.